5 Easy Paint-Your-Own-Pottery Tips
At Glazed & Confused it is our job to make sure you are exactly the OPPOSITE of our name! We take the confusion out of the pottery and painting process!
Our staff is fully trained and ready to help you make a masterpiece you can cherish forever. But just in case you want to work on your own, we have five easy tips to help you succeed!
- Never paint your darks first. Paint your lights first and darks last, light colors don’t show up too well on darker paints. Except the color white.
- Never use pen! Pen leaves behind a residue that will cause flaws in your custom piece. If you see a pen laying around the studio, give it you an employee and ask for a pencil. Pencil burns off in the kiln and doesn’t leave anything behind.
- Do not add water to the paint. It will only thin it out. However, do clean your brushes with water before adding another layer.
- The full and dry coats of each color will cover your entire piece
- Use a different painting technique to add visual texture or a pattern to your pottery. Our in-house artists can show you how to use a stencil and practice different styles like the fluid effect or the bubbling effect.
- (Bonus) Have fun!!!!All our paints and glazes are non-toxic. If you would like any painting “tips” contact the studio manager, Becky at 314-892-8382 or at [email protected]. Here are some helpful websites as well:Mayco Application Techniques
Call 314.892.8382 or email us at [email protected] to book your next pottery painting party.